Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Swine Flu

I know I know I know, enough is enough about this new thing. I don't know about my school district, nor do I understand the small town mentality. Every district within 20 miles, save for Alvarado, was closed this week due to the Swine Flu. Of course, no we don't close. No this isn't the problem...but part of it. The fourth grade was to have a field trip today to Corsicana to the planetarium at the college. Well, hell no we can't take off for the flu, but we can sure cancel a field trip. Can't call school off with a few probable cases...NOOO, but we can sure as hell cancel a field trip.

Now, the kicker is that the person over buses...we're speculating didn't fulfill our request for buses. But, there seems to be enough buses and drivers to transport the fifth graders over to the middle school tomorrow.

I'll be so glad when this year's over!!!!! Can anyone tell?????

2 comments:

~ The Rockin MLB ~ said...

Funny how convenient they forget stuff, eh! This whole swine flu thing has worn me out from the get go

dkatrip said...

Isn't that the truth...it's too way over-rated.